Scutum Group Introduces New Fever Detection System for Workplaces
Elite Fire Protection are proud to be part of the Scutum Group, a multinational business who specialise in fire, security, access control and CCTV systems.
Scutum is introducing a new fever detection technology in response to the COVID-19 outbreak, which is now ready to be rolled out at workplaces across London and the UK. This technology will help businesses quickly detect this key symptom of Coronavirus to protect employees. With the ability to be immediately operational, this technology is an easy enhancement that businesses can make for the sake of their workplace health and safety and business continuity.
What is a fever detection system?
An early and primary symptom of coronavirus is a fever. Therefore, detecting an elevated temperature of a member of staff or visitor before they enter their place of work is vital. This way, they can be sent home before they come into contact with other members of staff in the building.
Placed in lobbies or entrances, this Fever Detection Solution uses state-of-the-art technology to assess the staff member’s temperature in an automated, contact-free way before they are able to gain admittance to the building. The technology also has an optional function to assess whether someone is wearing a mask or not, adding an extra health and safety dimension to the solution.
How does it work?
Equipped with cameras and thermal sensors, along with a display pad, the machine can be erected at premises access points – in some cases, it can even be linked up to current access gate systems, allowing them to open and close depending on the response.
A visitor or staff member will approach the machine and look into the camera which will rapidly read their temperature and assess if they are wearing a mask (if the latter option is also selected). The system screen will give vocal and visual display prompts to the individual, communicating whether they are safe to go through. The technology can also perform facial recognition, granting it continued use and relevance even once the pandemic is over.
What are the benefits of Scutum’s fever detection system for Coronavirus prevention?
- Real-time fever surveillance: Detection is entirely automated, avoiding direct contact with the individual. Staff and visitors will be alerted of their temperature by vocal cues.
- Connected to gates: On some premises, if criteria are met, the detection technology can be hooked up to access gates, enabling them to open and close based on the outcome of an individual’s result.
- Plug in & go solution: Thanks to its quick deployment and easy configuration, the technology can be fully operational immediately.
- Long-term investment: With a three-year warranty, the installed terminal also has the capacity to be used as a biometric face reader, giving it use as an effective access control long after the outbreak is over.
- User confidentiality: Differing display modes are available for any updates, and there is also an unlocking mode.
- Mask detection: The camera has an optional feature of mask detection, allowing you to only admit those who are wearing face masks into the building. The visitor will be alerted by vocal and visual cues to put on a mask.
How can I install fever detection at my workplace?
This new technology gives businesses across the country both peace of mind and a vital enhancement to their access control in line with challenges presented by the current pandemic. Elite Fire are part of the multinational Scutum Group and will be managing enquiries and installations locally for this new technology – serving premises across London, Surrey and the South East.
The experts at Elite Fire Protection are industry leaders in commercial fire safety and security and we have multiple accreditations to our name, including BAFE, BSI and CHAS. We can rapidly deploy and easily install this new technology in your workplace to protect your employees, clients and business operations.
Elite Fire Protection are now taking installation enquiries for this fever detection technology in the South East of England. To find out more information about how it can help stop the spread of COVID-19 at your premises, please get in touch with our specialists today. We aim to respond to your enquiry within 1 hour.